Title - Customer Services Engineer IT/Broadcast/Media - Los Angeles
Who We Are
It's an amazing time to join Dalet as we continue to shape the future of media production, management and distribution. Mature and stable like a large corporation, yet agile and growing like a start-up, Dalet is the perfect place for talented, internationally minded and highly motivated individuals looking to join a very dynamic company where things get done!
A leading, independent software and services provider, Dalet empowers broadcast and media organizations all around the world. Our solutions allow media professionals to create, manage and distribute (social media, mobile, VOD and OTT) content faster and more efficiently, fully maximizing the value of assets. When combined, Dalet products power end-to-end, unified multimedia operations for news, sports, program preparation, production, archive and radio.
Dalet solutions are used around the world by many thousands of individual users at hundreds of TVs, Radios and other content owners, producers and distributors, including public broadcasters such as the BBC, France TV and Russia Today, commercial networks and operators such as HBO, Canal+, CNN, NBC, FOX, ABC, CBS, Mediaset, and government & international organizations such as the UK Parliament, the UN, NASA and many others.
Top Reasons to Join Us
· Revolutionize a big industry in a dynamic, fast-growing, yet mature, company · Benefit from great career opportunities around the world · Make the most of a truly collaborative environment with supportive leadership · Collaborate with talented and passionate team members · Enjoy a fun working environment
· Evolve with cutting edge technologies (AI, Cloud, CyberSecurity)
Who You Are
If you’re an enthusiastic, talented and resourceful engineer with the relevant skills & IT experience, we invite you to talk to us about this opportunity based in Los Angeles and NY offices and working as well at our customer sites across North America and Latin America.
What You’ll Do
Reporting to the Americas Head of Customer Services, you will be at the very forefront of Dalet customer service operations and are tasked with providing solutions to technical issues raised by customer’s system administrators.
You will undertake all work to the best of your ability and to use your best endeavors to promote, develop and extend the Company's business and interest. You will be part of a technical support team distributed world-wide, with staff located in EMEA, Americas and APAC. As the preferred technical point of contact, the Customer Services engineer is a trusted business advisor to key customers providing valuable guidance and optimization of their Dalet solution for smooth operations. By maintaining a long-term relationship and behaving as a customer advocate, the Customer Services Engineer develops the customers satisfaction and gains their confidence for successful support contract renewals, expansions and recurrent business. This support work will be done via phone, email, through remote connection software, and on site.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to expand their Broadcast/IT experience and knowledge. You will have the opportunity to learn extremely diverse sets of software, both specialized broadcast software and a wide range of standard Windows software. Working for a growing, global company in a dynamic and ever-changing environment there may be later opportunities for International assignments/relocation.
The successful Customer Services Engineer will have the flowing skills and experience:
* Advanced Windows experience is a must. (installation, configuration, registry, etc.).
* Video / Broadcast / Media or File based video/audio formats.
* Knowledge of Network (TCP/IP), Database (SQL), Storage.
* Installation and configuration of server/pc hardware.
* Degree educated in computer sciences or 2 years minimum experience working in a software support position.
* Spoken and written Spanish or/and French communication skills would be a big plus
* An ability to discuss complicated technical information in simple terms.
* Outstanding problem-solving skills and good analytical skills.
* Strong oral communication and interpersonal skills.
* A logical thinker.
* A genuine love of technology; this comes in handy as you need to keep up to date with the latest IT changes.
* Proper verbal/written communication etiquette.
Highly desirable but not essential skills and experience is:
* Working in an international environment, handling complex "escalated" support situations and customer facing relationship.
* Ideally outwardly facing (client) software support.
* Broadcast experience is a plus and candidates with experience in the Broadcast industry (Ingest, Media processing, Scheduling, MAM, Playout etc) will be looked on very favorably.
No Broadcast skills? we will teach you! You will receive continues training as part of the job.