Who We Are?
It's an amazing time to join Dalet as we continue to shape the future of media production, management and distribution. Mature and stable like a large corporation, yet agile and growing like a start-up, Dalet is the perfect place for talented, internationally minded and highly motivated individuals looking to join a very dynamic company where things get done!
A leading, independent software and services provider, Dalet empowers broadcast and media organizations all around the world. Our solutions allow media professionals to create, manage and distribute (social media, mobile, VOD and OTT) content faster and more efficiently, fully maximizing the value of assets. When combined, Dalet products power end-to-end, unified multimedia operations for news, sports, program preparation, production, archive and radio.
Dalet solutions are used around the world by many thousands of individual users at hundreds of TVs, Radios and other content owners, producers and distributors, including public broadcasters such as the BBC, SBS, France TV, TF1 and Russia Today, commercial networks and operators such as HBO, Canal+, CNN, NBC, FOX, ABC, CBS, Mediaset, and government & international organizations such as the UK Parliament, the UN, NASA and many others.
Top Reasons to Join Us?
· Revolutionize a big industry in a dynamic, fast-growing, yet mature, company · Benefit from great career opportunities around the world · Make the most of a truly collaborative environment with supportive leadership
· Evolve with cutting edge technologies (AI, Cloud, Cybersecurity…)
· Collaborate with talented and passionate team members
· Enjoy a fun working environment
Who You Are?
If you’re an enthusiastic, talented and resourceful engineer with the relevant skills & IT experience, we invite you to talk to us about this opportunity based in EMEA.
What You’ll Do?
Your primary role as a Dev-ops/system engineer will be to ensure that customers’ infrastructure is consistently available, meeting contractually-agreed SLA targets. You will be supporting always-available platforms, building new systems, upgrading and patching existing ones and supporting application deployments. You will also act as a point of escalation for the regional support centers.
You will serve as a technical liaison between the Customer and the Engineering Team working to ensure the criticality of the problem is fully understood and satisfactorily resolved in a time sensitive manner. By handling technical problems with extreme professional acumen, you will deliver a positive problem-solving experience to customers who subcribed to the remote environment management services.
● Support an always-available cloud-based platform
● Support application deployments, build new systems and upgrade and patch existing ones
● Ensure that there is adequate monitoring and reporting to be able to identify problems, and resolve/escalate them as appropriate
● Participate in the building of tools and processes to support the infrastructure and improve automation for manual elements
● Identify operations improvements to strengthen organisational processes and practices and enhance support quality and customer satisfaction.
● Maintain accurate and up to date documentation on the current infrastructure and system support documents such as run books
● Ensure that mission critical data is backed up as required
● Resolve critical/complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
● Proactively monitor customer’s technical issues and drive support requests and escalations to a satisfactory resolution.
● Escalate and communicate any service related technical incidents, ongoing service interruptions and/or problems to the relevant Service Delivery/Support personnel and ensure that any fixes are understood, documented and communicated to team members
● Resolve incidents in a positive and supportive manner and work effectively with outside vendors to provide high quality and responsive services to Flex clients
● Work closely with the engineering teams to help resolve bugs and deliver solutions in a timely fashion.
● Learn on the job and explore new technologies with minimal supervision
● There will be some need for on-call work and/or weekend work to cover live events.
● Minimum of 5 years experience with the Linux operating system. (Ideally some form of a Linux Administration Certification)
● Understanding and ideally some experience of one server-side programming language (Ruby, PHP, Java, C#, Python)
● Understanding of protocols/technologies like HTTP, SSL, SQL, HTML, XML, JSON
● Understanding application clustering/load balancing concepts and technologies
● Experience administering Java Application Server (e.g. Apache Tomcat)
● Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Rackspace (RKS) or Microsoft Azure (Azure) technologies
● Experience automating deployments using tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Docker is a big plus
● Experience administering database and messaging systems like MongoDB, RabbitMQ, Redis is a big plus
● Highly-motivated in customer support services and client satisfaction
● Experience in troubleshooting/debugging complex technical issues
● Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
● Must be able to articulate technical solutions to all audiences
● Ability to work independently and as a team player.