DevOps Engineer (Media Supply Chain Platform)
The Flex media platform enables broadcasters and operators worldwide to efficiently manage the complete lifecycle of large quantities of digital media assets – including ingestion, editing, transcode and distribution – through the provision of powerful asset management, metadata management, and workflow capabilities.
As a DevOps engineer, you will work with engineers tasked with developing services and components for our media logistics platform that enables broadcasters and operators worldwide to manage the lifecycle of large volumes of media assets through the provision of powerful asset management, metadata management, and workflow capabilities.
Video broadcast is changing rapidly with cloud computing technologies becoming more prevalent across the whole supply chain from creation through to consumption. This is your opportunity to be a part of a strong technology team that is building a platform used by broadcasters and operators across the globe, bringing content to millions of viewers every day.
- We get things done by empowering individuals and teams, we encourage open communication and collaboration across teams.
- We love automation and self service, we like to ‘work smart’.
- We use agile workflows such as Scrum and Kanban depending on what the team is most comfortable with.
- We like to work with great engineers who are skillful but always open to learn new things, and who value working in a team to achieve a common goal.
- We work with some of the most cutting edge technologies and software delivery techniques and we are committed to keep our technology stack up to date.
- Competitive salary, excellent benefits.
You will work in a team of like-minded professionals who are passionate about the use of modern software and service delivery methodologies. As a DevOps engineer your responsibilities will consist of the following:
- Owning the day to day operations of a lively, cutting-edge development team, ensuring the team have the tools and help they need to deliver.
- Planning and executing on a roadmap to continuously improve the DevOps tool set – using new technologies, new techniques or new tooling as needed.
- Work as part of the development team to enhance the deployment, monitoring and diagnostic capabilities of Dalet’s Media Logistics Platform.
- Running on-site, private and public Cloud environments and deployments.
- Analysis of complex system behavior, performance and application issues.
- Communicating any issues found to the development team.
- Have a passion for technology and finding out how things work.
- Understand the fundamental concepts of relational databases and are able to write (simple) queries (we use MySQL).
- Have experience managing NoSQL databases (at least two out of Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Redis, ArangoDB).
- Know the practical differences between running Java and NodeJS applications in production.
- Have a good grasp of networking principles and protocols that drive modern web applications.
- Are proficient with AWS but ideally also have experience with Google Cloud and Azure (we use all three!)
- Know what it takes to containerize a production application using Docker
- Are enthusiastic about infrastructure as code (Terraform + Ansible preferred).
- Have continuous integration experience (Jenkins + Pipeline preferred).
- Understand the challenges of operating distributed systems in production (experience with service discovery, service meshes and distributed tracing a big plus).
- Are not afraid to dive into other’s people code to solve issues.
- Have strong coding skills in either Go, Python or Java / Groovy.
- Enjoy designing and setting up monitoring systems as well as creating dashboards telling you whether things are running as expected (Prometheus and Grafana experience a big plus).
- Dislike repetitive tasks so you automate everything that can be automated.
- Have excellent communication skills and are always willing to support developers in their daily tasks.
- Collaborative but goal-driven approach.
- Bonus points for experience with Kubernetes (or similar), TDD and Continuous Delivery.