Who We Are?
It's an amazing time to join Dalet as we continue to shape the future of media production, management and distribution. Mature and stable like a large corporation, yet agile and growing like a start-up, Dalet is the perfect place for talented, internationally minded and highly motivated individuals looking to join a very dynamic company where things get done!
A leading, independent software and services provider, Dalet empowers broadcast and media organizations all around the world. Our solutions allow media professionals to create, manage and distribute (social media, mobile, VOD and OTT) content faster and more efficiently, fully maximizing the value of assets. When combined, Dalet products power end-to-end, unified multimedia operations for news, sports, program preparation, production, archive and radio.
Dalet solutions are used around the world by many thousands of individual users at hundreds of TVs, Radios and other content owners, producers and distributors, including public broadcasters such as the BBC, SBS, France TV, TF1 and Russia Today, commercial networks and operators such as HBO, Canal+, CNN, NBC, FOX, ABC, CBS, Mediaset, and government & international organizations such as the UK Parliament, the UN, NASA and many others.
Top Reasons to Join Us?
· Revolutionize a big industry in a dynamic, fast-growing, yet mature, company
· Benefit from great career opportunities around the world
· Make the most of a truly collaborative environment with supportive leadership
· Evolve with cutting edge technologies (AI, Cloud, Cybersecurity…)
· Collaborate with talented and passionate team members
· Enjoy a fun working environment
Who You Are?
If you’re an enthusiastic, talented and resourceful engineer with the relevant skills & IT experience, we invite you to talk to us about this opportunity based in London.
What You’ll Do?
We are looking for a smart and motivated individual to join the Customer Services team to expand the technical expertise on our Ooyala Flex Media Platform. This team is key to delivering support to the regional support centers as demand in the market sky-rockets, so it will be a rewarding and busy role!
Your primary role as a technical expert will be to deliver a 2nd line technical expertise to the regional support centers, meeting contractually-agreed SLA targets. You will be supporting always-available platforms. You will serve as a technical liaison between the Regional Support teams and the Engineering Team working to ensure the criticality of the problem is fully understood and satisfactorily resolved in a time sensitive manner. By handling technical problems with extreme professional acumen, you will deliver a positive problem-solving experience to customers running the Ooyala Flex Media Platform.
You will work with varied clients every day across traditional Broadcast, syndication and content production, as well as emerging video markets, and also work with internal project teams so you must be an excellent communicator. You will have a deep technical background and be naturally curious and intelligent. Above all you will be able to balance your passion for technology with a drive to deliver technical expertise, innovating and using pragmatism in equal measure.
● Support of the Ooyala Flex Media Platform, troubleshooting the workflow orchestration layer configuration, the metadata schemas and customer data models, the Groovy SDK scripts, the transcoding tools, 3rd party systems involved, and APIs
● Ensure that there is adequate monitoring and reporting to be able to identify problems, and resolve/escalate them as appropriate
● Resolve critical/complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
● Proactively monitor customer’s technical issues and drive support requests and escalations to a satisfactory resolution.
● Escalate and communicate any service related technical incidents, ongoing service interruptions and/or problems to the relevant Service Delivery/Support personnel and ensure that any fixes are understood, documented and communicated to team members
● Resolve incidents in a positive and supportive manner and work effectively with outside vendors to provide high quality and responsive services to Flex clients
● Work closely with the engineering teams to help resolve bugs and deliver solutions in a timely fashion.
● There will be some need for on-call work and/or weekend work on rota.
● Staying current with an in-depth knowledge of the Ooyala product line.
Key Skills & Experience
● Hands-on approach to solving tactical and strategic problems
● Experience in object oriented software design using Java
● Extensive experience developing data-driven apps, leveraging RESTful APIs
● Experience in scripting languages such as Groovy and Python
● A background in media technologies, including transcode, QC, video formats and standards
Desirable Skills & Experience
● Good knowledge and experience in using Linux/Unix operating systems
● Experience in infrastructure concerns, e.g: network design, clustering, HA and load-balancing
● Knowledge of virtualization and cloud technologies
● Relational and non-relational database management
● Experience using containerization technologies including Docker
● Using tools such as Puppet, Chef and Ansible for automate deployments
● Broadcast experience is a plus and candidates with experience in the Broadcast industry (Ingest, Media processing, Scheduling, MAM, Playout etc) will be looked on very favorably.
● An ability to discuss complicated technical information in simple terms.
● Outstanding problem-solving skills and good analytical skills.
● Strong oral communication and interpersonal skills.
● A logical thinker.
● A genuine love of technology; this comes in handy as you need to keep up to date with the latest IT changes.
● Proper verbal/written communication etiquette.
● Excellent communication skills – spoken and written English
● Experience of working in a client-facing team with prospective and existing clients
● Working in an international environment, handling complex "escalated" support situations
● Ideally outwardly facing (client) software support.
● Ideally you will be highly motivated and capable of working independently.