The role will be shared between system architecture and pre-sales tasks, depending on the operational needs.
The Solutions Architect will be an active leader in Research & Analysis and Design & Development projects. The individual will be required to make critical technology design decisions, both during and after the sales process, and then be fully involved in the software development process by mentoring engineers as they build software in alignment with the architectural vision. The Solutions Architect will be ready to adapt and extend the architectural plan as new product goals and technical challenges emerge in our iterative, continuous development environment and is someone who will bring knowledge and creativity to the position as well as have the discipline to drive results and follow established fundamental processes. Candidate will be primarily measured on ensuring that the product delivered from the Engineering team matches the technical strategy they created.
The Pre-Sales tasks supports Dalet sales activities in the APAC region through the design of Dalet software solutions, collating answers to customer tenders (RFP, RFI), delivering of presentations and demonstrations to customer prospects and through participation in industry trade shows.
These tasks see a collaboration with the Sales, Research and Development, and Technical Support organizations within Dalet to ensure proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address customer needs, and that are appropriately supported by key customer technical decision-makers.
• Master’s degree or equivalent experience
• 3-5+ years practical development, project implementation and management experience Record of achievement and technical solution expertise in a comparable role.
• Understanding of the Broadcast / Media Technology Market (Live Production experience an asset)
• Poses strong knowledge of industry standard protocols, connectors and terminations.
• Excellent Communication & Presentation Skills.
• Must be proficient in both Desktop and Server Networking.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Strong knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, visio, MS project
• Existing knowledge and use of Dalet products (preferred).
• Experience working with CRM’s.
• Work directly with clients to understand their needs, provide solution recommendations, and drive delivery of the solution
• Conducting workshops with customers
• Develop specifications for technical requirements, use case models, data models, software architecture models, class and program specifications
• Deep understanding of SQL and experience with multiple relational or non-relational database platforms such as MySQL, SQL Server
• Experience with Cloud or On-Premise hosting solutions such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
• Experience with server operating systems such as Unix, Linux, Ubuntu, Windows
• A motivator with an optimistic yet realistic “can do” attitude
• Native English speaker.