Principal DevOps Engineer - Flex Media Platform
United Kingdom, , LondonR&D
Dalet is looking for a Principal DevOps Engineer to lead and drive best practices in the DevOps aspects of the Flex Media Platform - a media content supply chain management platform used by top media brands around the world to manage the lifecycle of their media assets.
You have solid experience working with a micro-services architectures utilising Infrastructure as Code to support both internal engineering teams and production environments. You understand cloud computing platforms and are comfortable working across the stack to deliver secure and resilient solutions.
The selected candidate will lead a small team of DevOps engineers and collaborate with other teams to help promote and mature the company’s DevOps culture and practices.
Roles and responsibilities
- Work with the senior engineering stakeholders to shape the evolution of the platform’s architecture and ensure that best DevOps practices are developed and maintained.
- Lead a small team of DevOps engineers and managing the team’s backlog.
- Support development teams by providing solutions that improve agility and increase automation providing the ability to self-serve using effective CI/CD.
- Support project and operations teams to facilitate fast delivery and quick resolution of production issues.
- Continuously assess platform performance and work with engineering teams to improve reliability, availability, and security.
What you will bring
- Experience with one or more of the following public cloud platforms: AWS, Azure, GCS, Alibaba Cloud.
- Strong knowledge of Ansible, Terraform and other IaC technologies.
- Experience deploying large containerised applications using Docker.
- Experience running Kubernetes workloads (GKE, EKS).
- Microservices architecture support infrastructure: Consul, Prometheus, Kibana, Grafana
- Experience dealing with complex production issues, such as memory leaks, performance issues, database and network issues.
- Strong experience developing and managing CI/CD pipelines using systems such as Jenkins.
- Strong knowledge of Linux OS (Ubuntu, Alpine)
- Understanding of Internet fundamentals TCP/IP, HTTP, TLS/SSL, DNS
- Experience deploying and operating SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Ideally, an understanding or experience of broadcast and media technology.
- Ideally, experience using Groovy, Golang, Java, NodeJS
- Ideally, an understanding of the factors that impact database performance.
A leading independent software and services provider, Dalet empowers broadcast and media organisations all around the world. Our solutions allow media professionals to create, manage and distribute (through social media, mobile, VOD and OTT) content faster and more efficiently, thereby fully maximizing the value of assets. When combined, Dalet products power end-to-end, unified multimedia operations for news, sports, program preparation, production, archive and radio.
Our solutions are used around the world by many thousands of individual users at hundreds of TV networks, radio stations and other content owners, producers and distributors, including public broadcasters such as the BBC, France TV and Russia Today; commercial networks and operators such as HBO, Canal+, CNN, NBC, FOX, ABC, CBS, Mediaset; and government & international organizations such as the UK Parliament, the UN, NASA and many others.