Senior QA Engineer (Sofia, Bulgaria)
Who We Are
Dalet is a leading software and services provider in the broadcasting industry, empowering broadcast and media organizations all around the world. Our solutions allow media professionals to create, manage and distribute content faster and more efficiently, maximizing the value of media assets.
Dalet products power end-to-end, unified multimedia operations for news, sports, program preparation, production, archive and radio.
Dalet solutions are used around the world by many thousands of individual users at hundreds of TVs, Radios and other content owners, producers and distributors, including public broadcasters such as the BBC, France TV and Russia Today, commercial networks and operators such as HBO, Canal+, CNN, NBC, FOX, ABC, CBS, Mediaset, and government & international organizations such as the UK Parliament, the UN, NASA and many others.
Who You Are
We are looking for experienced and talented QA engineers to join our QA Team in Sofia.
What You’ll Do
You will be at the forefront of Dalet R&D, tasked with implementing quality assurance processes and helping to find creative solutions to technical challenges.
You will have the opportunity to learn extremely diverse sets of software. Working for a growing, global company in a dynamic and ever-changing environment there may be later opportunities for International assignments/relocation.
- Own the product quality, create feature test plans and ensure dev is up to spec
- Execute test procedures to verify functionality against specs and product requirements
- Implement WA processes, focusing on both functional and nonfunctional aspects of software quality
- Work closely with developers, other Scrum teams, Product Management and project teams
- Develop and maintain automated tests
- Travel to our customer sites worldwide to participate in complex investigations on production platforms
- Proven professional experience of dev/testing of complex software
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills, attention to detail
- Passion for quality, a keen eye for design and user experience improvement
- Strong self-management skills, work ethics and learning abilities
- Advanced Windows experience (software installation, configuration, registry, troubleshooting, log analysis, etc.)
Highly desirable but not essential skills and experience
- Professional experience with automated test development
- Experience with performance and security testing
- Professional experience with Linux, docker, Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins pipelines, Rancher, and related skills
- Professional experience with video/audio editing software
- Experience with standard enterprise IT, networking functionality, storage solutions
- Audio / Video codecs and formats (HLS, MP4, MKV, MXF, etc.)
- Professional experience with AWS environments and AWS certifications
- Experience in the media broadcasting industry (Ingest, Media processing, Scheduling, MAM, Playout, TV/Radio control rooms/recording studios, etc.)