What you will love about Dalet and why you should be working here 🚀
Dalet empowers media-rich organizations to transform their production and distribution workflows – accelerating media operations, maximizing collaboration and creating higher value from content.
As a leading media technology and service provider with over three decades of innovation, our software solutions enable greater control, enhanced visibility and increased productivity for content professionals and storytellers around the globe.
Leading organizations such as Fox Networks Group, Arsenal Football Club, MediaCorp, Audi, and the BBC trust Dalet to support their daily content operations.
Our team is driven by a passion for media and committed to empowering a world where compelling stories are beautifully made, effortlessly told and thoughtfully delivered. Learn more at www.dalet.com
Your story, infinite possibilities
Top Reasons to Join Us?
- Revolutionize a big industry in a dynamic, fast-growing, yet mature, company
- Benefit from great career opportunities around the world
- Make the most of a truly collaborative environment with supportive leadership
- Collaborate with talented and passionate “Daletians”
- Enjoy a fun working environment
As a Senior Software Engineer (NodeJS) you will be working on Flex Media Platform engineering team to develop and maintain mission critical services of the Flex content supply chain management platform.
What you’ll be doing
- Developing and maintaining NodeJS services with accompanying unit tests and acceptance tests.
- Working with architects to design the best solutions to challenging problems.
- Participating in Agile ceremonies such as backlog refinement, sprint planning, sprint retrospectives, and daily scrums.
- Fixing bugs and issues raised by QA engineers or found in production.
- Monitoring the performance of software components and services in production systems.
- Participating in code reviews.
- Mentoring and assisting junior software engineers.
What you’ll need to be successful
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience, ideally using NodeJS, Typescript and related technologies (Express, NestJS)
- Strong knowledge of cloud native development concepts, microservices architecture, and distributed systems.
- Excellent knowledge of REST API design principles and practices and knowledge of GraphQL.
- A solid understanding of the NodeJS runtime execution model.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and NoSQL data access and persistence (ideally some of MariaDB, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Redis).
- Experience using Git and the Git feature branch workflow, or trunk driven development.
- Knowledge of Jira as the primary tool to manage the SDLC
- Strong knowledge of Docker and containerization technologies. Knowledge of Kubernetes is desirable.
- Experience developing unit tests using Mocha and mocking tools such as Sinon and Test Double.
- Experience using asynchronous messaging techniques using message queue systems such as RabbitMQ.
- Experience using CI/CD pipelines & relevant automation.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, excellent command of the English language (written, verbal).
Dalet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
We have a strict PSL in place. We only accept applications from agencies that have been invited to work on the role. Candidates’ resumes submitted directly to managers or HR will be considered unsolicited and no fee will be payable.